If you are looking for a memory foam mattress at an affordable price, the Nectar Mattress just might be an ideal option for you. This high-quality mattress is made with four different layers of premium foam (including two layers of gel foam), as well as cooling materials used within the cover.
When you order your mattress, you will also receive a Forever Warranty that will protect you against any possible manufacturer’s defects for the entire life of the mattress. Shipping is free and you’ll get a 365 day trial period.
MATERIALS AND CONSTRUCTION
A few inches slimmer than a hybrid mattress, this memory foam option measures up at 11 inches in total. It includes four foam layers, as well as a cover. Let’s take a look into the layers of the Nectar Mattress and see what is inside:
- Tencel Cooling Cover: This quilted cover is cool, breathable, and comfortable, allowing for a pleasant sleep.
- Gel Memory Foam: This gel memory foam layer will directly absorb heat and redistribute it throughout the mattress. It is known as “semi-open LUSH foam” and it is used in medical devices.
- Adaptive Hi Core Memory Foam: According to Nectar, no other brand that delivers directly to consumers makes high-quality mattresses with this type of foam, because it is so heavy and expensive to ship. However, this foam is advantageous because it provides wonderful bounce and rebound while contouring the mattress to your pressure points. The way this works is that when you sink through the top layer, you will interact with this layer which will then conform to your body and provide you with custom support.
- Supportive Base Layer: This base layer is designed to draw in fresh air through channels within the construction, in order to keep the mattress cooler.
- Bottom Mattress Cover: This non-slip cover prevents your mattress from slipping on your bed, keeping it firmly in its place.
If sleeping cool is very important to you, this mattress is a great choice. The materials are chosen with breathability in mind and the cover fabric will draw the heat away from you, keeping you at a comfortable temperature all night long.
Also, this mattress has a very low motion transfer. This can be a disadvantage as the low level of bounce makes having sex on the mattress more difficult. However, if you are a light sleeper who is disturbed by the motion of your partner at night, this mattress would be great for you.
Of course, if you are one of the people who just doesn’t like memory foam, this mattress won’t be comfortable for you no matter what. It just doesn’t have the same feel as a traditional innerspring mattress.
Also, this may not be the mattress for you if you prefer sleeping on a firm surface. It rates at a 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale, with 10 being the most firm. If you are heavy-set or you don’t like the feeling of sinking slightly into your mattress, you might want to look for something firmer. When you lie on this memory foam mattress, your body will sink slightly into the foam and it will adjust to the unique shape of your physique – a sensation that some people don’t like.
Take note – some who have ordered this mattress has reported that it had an off-gassing smell for the first 48 hours. So, you may want to let it air out for the first couple of days before sleeping on it.
The cover of this mattress is made out of a material called Tencel, which is quilted and breathable. It is recommended not to try to remove the cover, however, you can spot clean it.
One of the interesting things about this company is that it offers a 365-night trial. So, you can try your mattress for an entire year and if you don’t like it, you can get a refund for it. This is a much longer trial period than many other mattress brands on the market.