Layla offers two mattress models: an all-foam mattress and a hybrid mattress. What’s unique about these mattresses is that they offer different firmness levels on either side. One side is soft whereas the other is firm. To switch between the two, simply flip the mattress over. Both models include copper-gel infused foam and come with a forever warranty.
MATERIALS AND CONSTRUCTION
The Layla mattress has four layers of foam, with the soft foam layer on one side and the firm foam layer on the other. The hybrid mattress, on the other hand, is composed of five total layers, with one of them being the dual-gauge pocketed coil layer. The other layers are the same as the Layla memory foam mattress.
- Cooling Cover: The ThermoGel-infused cover actively reacts to temperature and helps keep you cool while sleeping. Having cooling technology in the cover is important as it is closest to your body. The result is that you won’t be prone to overheating as you sleep. This cover is found on the soft side of the mattress and is white so it is easily identifiable.
- 3 Inches Copper Gel Memory Foam: This layer is responsible for the softer firmness level, and is made from high-quality, 3.5lbs density memory foam. It’s infused with copper, which allows rapid heat transfer and also has antimicrobial properties.
- 2 Inches Max Airflow Support Foam: This layer acts as a transitional layer between the soft layer and the support layer. Thanks to its deep channeling, it adds to the already good cooling properties of the mattress by allowing airflow. It is also zoned to provide better support for sleepers.
- 6 Inches Infinity Edge Individually-Wrapped Coils System: This central layer is part of the Layla Hybrid only. The central coils are 14-Gauge whereas the edge coils are 16-Gauge, to provide for greater edge support. The edge coils are also lined in a double perimeter for extra-strong support for those who need it.
- 4 Inches Support Core Foam: This layer provides just a small amount of bounce, primarily working instead to isolation any motion transfer. It’s durable to increase the longevity of your Layla mattress.
- 1 Inch Copper-Gel Memory Foam: This is the firmer layer of the mattress, ideal for those who prefer sleeping on the firm side of the dual-sided Layla. The copper gel has cooling properties so there’s no need to worry about sleeping hot.
Since Layla has 2 different firmness levels, we will address both separately. Overall, we can rate the softer side as around a 4-5 (out of 10), and the firmer side as 6.5-7.5. It is also important to say that since this is a foam mattress, your weight is definitely a factor. Heavier set people might feel less resistance and a bit more sinkage.
All foam mattresses usually do not excel in edge support, but we can say Layla’s edge support is okay. If you want really good edge support, however, you should choose the Layla Hybrid. The motion transfer for the Layla mattress is actually pretty impressive and will not disappoint. The hybrid does have more bounce, however, than their original model. If you’ve got a sleeping partner that moves a lot, this mattress might do the trick. Finally, as for cooling, while both mattresses incorporate cooling features, the hybrid again is the model that excels. This is due to the coils which provide extra breathability and airflow.
There is a cooling cover located on each side of the Layla mattress. On the softer side, you’ll note that the cover is white, whereas, on the firmer side, the cover is grey. This ThermoGel-infused cover actively reacts to temperature and helps keep you cool while sleeping. Having cooling technology in the cover is important as it is closest to your body. The result is that you won’t be prone to overheating as you sleep. The cover can also be unzipped which makes it easy to wash, but machine washing is not recommended. Instead, you should dry clean the cover to keep it feeling as soft as possible.
The main feature of the Layla mattress which distinguishes it the most from others is its double firmness option. This could be a good choice for those who aren’t sure which firmness level they prefer, or even for guest bedrooms so your guests can choose between the soft or firm sides. On top of that, the Layla mattress has great pressure relief and the combination of the copper-infused foam and the ThermoGel® infused cover make it one of the cooler sleeping memory foams in the market.
The Layla mattress is made in the USA and ships to the contiguous United States for free. It comes with a 120 night trial period and a generous Forever Warranty. Furthermore, if you don’t want to pay for your mattress upfront, you can choose to finance your mattress through Affirm.