GhostBed was established in 2015, but it quickly achieved a reputation of a users’ favorite. Their flagship product is the GhostBed Mattress, which earned rewards as the best choice for back pain, hot, and combination sleepers. Our detailed review focuses on that item but also lists other mattresses designed by the company. Here is what you should know before trusting this brand!
Materials and Construction
GhostBed Mattress is an 11-inch high mattress made of four layers.
Here is a layered overview from bottom to top:
- High-density base – the thickest layer that serves as the mattress’ foundation. It is 7.5 inches thick, and that ensures optimal spinal alignment. The coating features dense foam that is suitable for those dealing with back pain but not too firm.
- Gel memory foam – the manufacturer went with bigger cells than the standard memory foam. That unique formula ensures optimal heat transfer to secure you don’t feel hot during the night. The layer is 2.5-inches thick and durable.
- Aerated latex foam – here is another layer that contributes to heat transfer. It ensures that the heat is moved from the body, so you feel comfortable during the night. The layer is 1.5-inch thick, and it includes latex to provide a springy feel and comfort.
- Plush cover – the outer layer is a softcover from polyester and viscose. We will discuss it more below.
GhostBed Mattress has a firmness rating between 7-8 on a scale of ten. That puts it among somewhat firmer mattresses. However, if you are having problems with your back and need a product to help with pain relief, this unit might be a smart choice. It is also great if you need additional support to feel comfortable on a firm mattress.
The mattresses come with excellent edge support, which is commendable. The overall durability is also impressive since the materials used are of superb quality. You will find optimal motion transfer, which is vital if you are a light sleeper or sleeping with a partner. If you switch sides in the middle of the night, there will be no noise involved, and you will feel equally comfortable. That is because the mixture of layers works to adapt to your body shape.
The cooling technology is admirable, and you will feel cool sleeping on the mattress throughout the night. That is because of the gel memory foam and other layers that absorb the heat and direct it away from the body. It doesn’t matter how many degrees are in the room because you will always feel comfortable on the GhostBed Mattress.
What Other Mattresses Are Available?
If you check out our Nectar Mattress review, you will see that you can choose the firmness. That is not the case with the GhostBed mattress, but the company offers other products with different construction.
Here is an overview of other GhostBed Mattress products:
- Flex mattress – it includes seven layers, and it is quite high with 13 inches of height. The layers include reinforced coils, bounce layers, and cooling fibers for optimal comfort. The manufacturer describes the firmness as 6-7 on a scale of ten.
- Luxe mattress – it comes with seven layers, including a thermo-sensitive ice layer that serves to mitigate the heat during the night. The mattress is 13-inches high, and its thickness is medium-plush (5-6).
- 3D Matrix mattress – it is 12 inches high and features a 3D matrix polymer layer. It is a gel polymer that directs the heat away, while the soft foam offers pressure relief. It is a plush mattress (4-5 rating) and consists of seven layers in total.
GhostBed uses plush covers on its mattresses, which ensures the required softness and comfort. As the entire mattress, the cover is chemical-free and hypoallergenic. It is made from a mixture of viscose and polyester and seems durable.
When it comes to maintenance, it is easy to remove the cover. You will find a zipper on the side, and the removal process only takes a couple of seconds. Feel free to place the surface in a washing machine to wash it properly. Once it dries, return it to the mattress, but make sure to vacuum the actual mattress first.
The manufacturer is proud that all its products are made in the United States. If you are a fan of domestic products, you will appreciate that information. Here is some other data you should know about the Ghostbed Mattresses!
A Variety of Awards
The original Ghostbed Mattress has received multiple awards only in 2020. That includes recognition for the best mattress for hot and combination sleepers, as well as a top-rated latex mattress. Even the Consumer Voice placed it among the Best Mattresses of the Year.
Trial Period and Warranty
If you buy one of the Ghostbed Mattresses, you can expect a 101-night trial period. That gives you more than three months to test your sleeping unit and see if it is the right choice.
As for the warranty, it is generous and varies from 20 to 25 years. The original Ghostbed Mattress comes with a 20-year warranty, and the other mattresses have a 25-year guarantee. That shows the manufacturer trusts in their products and ensures you will get plenty of value for the purchase.
The critical thing to note is that shipping is free. Buying a mattress is a large investment, and GhostBed understands that. That is why their shipping is free, and it shouldn’t take more than five days for the mattress to arrive. It is worth noting that it often arrives in only two or three business days.
You also have the option of a white glove delivery. That means the company sends experts to install the mattress in the desired position. You pay $199 for white glove delivery regardless of how many products you buy.
As for the returns, the company allows you to return the mattress after you tried it for 30 days. That is because it might take time to get used to your GhostBed Mattress, and there is no need to rush your decision.