ABOUT THE MATTRESS
The Ecosa mattress company originally started in Australia and later extended its reach to the USA and Hong-Kong, thanks to their huge local success and many satisfied customers. They now offer an advanced mattress with 3 adjustable firmness levels and a removable, waterproof, dust mite-repelling cover.
MATERIALS AND CONSTRUCTION
The Ecosa mattress has 3 layers of foam that can be rearranged to achieve your perfect firmness level. Simply unzip the cover and change the order of the foam layers with ease. The result is your choice of a medium, medium-firm, or firm mattress.
- Removable Cover: Premium polyester, OEKO-Tex Standard 100 certified cover. It is entirely
removable after simple unzipping, and machine-washable as well.
- Waterproof Inner Cover: This waterproof inner cover makes sure no moisture is absorbed, thus keeping bacteria and allergens away. It is made of microfilaments with the help of German technology, making it dust-mite free as well.
- G-7 Gel Memory Foam Layer: This foam layer is infused with gel particles for desired temperature stabilization. This layer would be best on top for a medium level of firmness.
- ECO-Tex Memory Foam Layer: This is an open cell foam layer, that adds bounce, durability, and breathability to the mattress. This layer would be best on top for the medium-firm firmness level.
- Ergonomic HD Breathable Support Layer: This foam layer provides maximum support and spine alignment. This layer would be best on top if you like a firm mattress.
Ecosa’s three interchangeable layers provide three different experiences, and each individual will enjoy different setups. Ecosa’s softer setup is when you place the G-7 Memory Foam layer (blue color) on top. It is a medium firmness level, but could also pass as medium-firm for some people. It is rated at around 6.5-7. If you’re a medium-firm kind of person, as the majority of people are, you should place the white, Eco-Tex layer on top. Granted, it’s a bit on the firmer side of the medium-firm spectrum, and we can rate it at around the 7-7.5 firmness level. For those who like their mattress on the firm side, like stomach sleepers, for example, the Ergonomic HD layer (yellow color) should be placed on top. This firmness level stands at about 8-8.5.
As in other all-foam mattresses, edge support is a bit lacking with this mattress, but among its competitors in the same category, it performs well enough. If you like sleeping on the edge, you might prefer a mattress of a different type and category.
Ecosa’s strength is with its unparalleled motion isolation. It’s possible that you’ve seen their amazing video showing someone jumping on the mattress while 3 wine glasses keep their balance on it without even a spill. If you are a light sleeper and small movements bother you while sleeping, you will love the Ecosa.
Ecosa’s cover is made from a premium polyester and is OEKO-Tex Standard 100 certified. Its German-tech inner cover is made of microfilament fabric, which outperforms conventional fiber fabric due to its lightweight, durability, waterproofness, and breathability. This microfilament fabric makes it dust-mite resistant, and waterproof. Having a waterproof cover is important because otherwise, it might trap moisture and invite bacteria and allergens to your bed. The cover is also removable and can be easily unzipped and machine-washed at room temperature.
Ecosa’s main advantage is its 3 interchangeable layers, making it a 3-in-1 mattress. With its three different firmness levels, Ecosa acknowledges not all sleepers are similar. Whether you like a medium or firm (or a medium-firm) mattress, just change the layers accordingly and get comfortable. Another main strength is its superior motion isolation, which could be very important to light sleepers and those of you who are bothered even by the slightest movements on the other side of the mattress by your partner.
The Ecosa mattress also comes with a 15-year warranty and you also get 100 nights to try it for free, so if for any reason you are unsatisfied, you will you get a full refund.