Nectar VS Cocoon: Which Is the Best Fit?
How do you imagine the best mattress? It is the one that you feel comfortable to lie on, which can last for a long time without losing its shape and purpose. If you want a smart investment into a sleeping product, it is vital to stick to reliable brands. In this article, we are comparing a Cocoon and Nectar mattress to determine which one is better.
Our experts performed a detailed analysis and left no stone unturned. This extensive mattress comparison should provide all the information you need to make an informed choice. Here is what you should know about these products!
The first thing we will do is get to know the basics of the Nectar Memory Foam mattress and its Cocoon alternative. You want to know the materials used in construction and the layers manufacturers picked when designing their units.
Cocoon Mattress Layers
These are crucial layers used when constructing the Cocoon mattress:
- Cooling technology – the name of the unit is Chill, and that is because of this unique layer. The stretch-knit cover is of premium quality, and the manufacturer infused it with the “Phase Change Material” to ensure optimal coolness. This layer absorbs heat and ensures its optimal dissipation. That is why the user feels pleasant and comfortable during the entire night.
- Memory foam – the foam layer has the task of adjusting to the user’s body shape. Regardless of the sleeping position you choose, this layer will ensure the Cocoon mattress adjusts to you.
- Essential support layers – these layers are there to ensure the product lasts for a long time while maintaining its initial shape.
Apart from the Cocoon by Sealy mattress, you can also purchase the ease base and the foundation and other accessories.
Nectar Mattress Layers
The manufacturer ensures to include five layers in their Nectar mattress. That looks like this when observed from top to bottom:
- Quilted cover – it contributes to breathability and offers optimal comfort.
- Gel memory foam – thanks to these layers, the Nectar mattress got its full name. The memory foam meets all the latest industry standards and ensures that comfort doesn’t change when you switch positions.
- Adaptive transition – once you lie down on the bed, you might feel like you sink into it. The idea is to ensure that this doesn’t happen. That is why the manufacturer included this special layer to ease the transition onto the mattress.
- The base layer – the main supportive section to ensure the mattress keeps its form over time.
- Bottom cover – it serves to ensure the product is positioned well on the bed frame.
The standard Nectar mattress is also available in the Lush version, which should be a premium version of the original.
Which Mattress Is Firmer?
Some users aren’t even aware of how important the mattress firmness is. The desired firmness largely depends on the person using the unit. That is why it is critical to consider your personal preference.
The Nectar Memory Foam Mattress is available in the medium-firm category. It shows that the company took the safe path when picking the firmness. Most sleepers will be satisfied with this option since it offers a balance between comfort and support.
As for the Cocoon mattress, you will find it in two different options – medium-soft and extra firm. On the standard rating scale, the extra firm option is between 8 and 10, which is the maximum possible firmness of mattresses. If you have problems with back pain, a bad mattress is among the possible causes. You will find that this unit offers the advanced support you need. And if you can appreciate a bit of softness, you will like the medium-soft alternative.
What Do You Get with Each Mattress?
The vital thing to note is that both products are available in different sizes. Whether you need a Twin or Cal King mattress, these brands will meet your expectations. The interesting thing to note is that you can expect a lower initial price with the Cocoon by Sealy mattress. You can check our detailed Cocoon review to learn more about this brand.
However, there is a trick behind this low price because you won’t get any accessories with the product. Pillows and sheets will cost more, and the brand doesn’t even offer a mattress protector. While you are considering these extras, don’t confuse protectors with mattress toppers.
You will get several accessories with a Nectar mattress. For starters, you can expect two pillows for both you and the partner or whoever is sleeping in bed. Additionally, you will receive a mattress protector and a set of sheets. All this is included in the offered price, which is a nice touch, and shows that the company wanted to provide an all-in-one package for its customers.
Is There a Free Trial and Warranty?
It is quite common for this industry to offer a trial period to see if the item is the right fit for you. That is why you can expect a testing option, whether you choose Nectar or Cocoon mattress.
However, the terms are different. Cocoon offers you a trial period of 100 nights, which is around three months. While that should be sufficient to decide if the mattress is the right choice, it isn’t that generous compared to the competition.
Choosing a Nectar mattress guarantees a 365-night test period. That means you can sleep on the product for an entire year and see if it is the right choice. It is more than enough to ensure that you are confident in making the right decision.
As for the warranty, it seems that Nectar is once again the winner of our mattress comparison. Although the guarantee terms are limited, the company is ready to offer a forever warranty. In other words, as long as you own the product, the brand guarantees for it, which is a nice touch.
On the other hand, you will be safe for ten years with a Cocoon by Sealy mattress warranty. If you think about it, that is also a generous time span to guarantee everything will function correctly.
Ultimately, it is details that will pronounce the best mattress when comparing these two. These are both memory foam products, but the primary advantage of the Cocoon mattress lies in its unique cooling technology. It ensures that the surface remains cool to the touch, which means you won’t be hot even during the summer. This unit is also available in two firmness options, and that is something users always appreciate.
As for the Nectar mattress, it seems that it offers a bit better construction quality than its alternative. The manufacturer is among the leading industry brands, and they pick every component carefully. It also offers additional accessories and a better warranty.
We hope that our mattress comparison helped, but the choice is up to you. Don’t hesitate to consider personal preferences, and find a suitable unit based on the desired features!